Monday 22 February 2010

More Story Ideas

Last night I had some more ideas towards a story. These are below. I will also post the handwritten story Ive written at some point too. I also know that these do need work.


1. Owner is working on desk doing stock takes on a computer or something and also eating a ham sandwich. A cat REMUS strolls along the desk and meows but the owner ignores, he tries again but is still ignored. He tries rubbing himself on the owner but she pushes REMUS away. REMUS looks around and spots the keys so swipes them onto the floor. The owner growns and gives REMUS a dirty look. As she bends down she is still holding the sandwich up. REMUS sneaks up and slowly puts his mouth over it. Owner now has the keys and looks up, they exchange glances. REMUS then bites the sandwich and runs off leaving a cloud shape of himself (like in the old cartoons). Owner looks shocked and shouts OI! she then grumbles, rolls her eyes and carries on working.
To the right of the screen you see REMUS licking his lips looking all proud. He meows and owner gives him an annoyed sideways glance and carries on. She finishes the sandwich and turns around to put the wrapper in the bin. While her back is turned REMUS runs up, rips her papers and attacks the keyboard. The computer makes lots of crazy noises. Owner looks back and is horrified. REMUS sits and meows at the owner.

2. Cat acting as if not noticed butty. loses balance and falls in tank. Panics comes out all soaked. Owner laughs. Cat walks away as if nothing has happened, head held high.


These are things cats actually do and the cat is the star. They are also similar to Simon's Cat which is my aim. They aren't so much stories as happenings or real experiences though. My ideas are also lacking some anthropomorphism. Maybe he could grab something off the desk and smash something. I don't know.


The end of the first one is like the below short by Simon's Cat but I actually thought of that because Remus did it to me when I was working on my dissertation. Proved hard to work out my notes with scratches going through it.

1 comment:

  1. pmsl...thats amazing...i can so see my cat doing the first one and then loking all innocent at the end....

    im not sure the owner would finish the whole sandwich...maybe tear off the bit remus touched and theneats the rest?

    ReplyDelete