Thursday 16 April 2009

My first idea - Just So Stories

When I was young I was very fond of the Just So Stories such as 'How the Leopard got his spots' and 'The Elephant's Child' and 'The Cat that walked by Himself' by Rudyard Kipling.
I thought that I could make one of these stories into an animated short.

If I choose to do this for my project, I plan to: -

* Read all the stories again.
* See if any have already been made as an animation.
* If it has been done before; watch them and review them. My likes and dislikes or any ideas they give me for my work.
* Look at similar animations and different styles of animation.
* Choose which story I would like to animate.
* If the story involves animals; study them at the zoo, in books and on the internet.
* Do sketches and designs of characters, sets.etc.
* Create walk cycles and test animations.
* Create a script
* Create a storyboard
* Create an animatic
* Animate the story
* Add sound and music
* Get feedback from people
* Make any changes

This can be a rough plan for any other idea that I come up with as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment