Friday 2 October 2009

Dissertation Ideas

Seen as my tutor is demanding we have a title in less than a day I am trying to think what I can do! I strongly disagree with how he is forcing us to push a dissertation as I feel that any idea I come up with now will not be stuck with and will have wasted my time. I found the following quote and wish he would listen to it.
"The key elements to the writing of an animation dissertation are the same key elements that exist in the writing of any academic dissertation. Before beginning an animation dissertation, a great deal of thought must be given to the topic to be discussed. A poor decision in terms of topic at this stage may lead to a lot of wasted time and problems in completing the dissertation adequately."

Any way, here are some ideas.

* The quality of art and acting in traditional animation, and how 3d animation lacks this quality. (With this idea I could argue how 3d animation retains these elements just in a different way).

* How traditional animation influenced 3D animation. (Which is better and why? Do we believe that going back is needed like Disney are trying with 'The Princess and the Frog').

* The impact modern forms of animation have had on traditional. (3D, CGI.etc)

* The Future of the Animated Feature Film

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma, I hope that you have gotten over feeling this way about progressing the dissertation. If not let me know - there's not much that can be done in a way as you only have this term to write the dissertation - so it would be best if, despite the quote you've found, you go with the process

    ReplyDelete