Tuesday 20 April 2010

More sketchbook stuff - Girl

I've realised that I haven't posted any of my drawings for the girl who is Remus' owner. At first they started off really detailed. The hair especially was a problem. I then went into drawing people I know. The girl holding the cup is actually based on my sister.
To solve the hair problem I tried making the hair into a bob as its a simple straight cut hairstyle. I even tried making the eyes big like my Remus character but it really didnt work.


The bob then turned into a backward baseball cap with a fish logo on (I know it looks like the Jesus symbol on these drawings but it has changed so it looks lots different). She is a simple character that I think goes well with my Remus character.


I actually made her look a bit like I did when I was younger as thats when I was most confident and happy about how I look. In a way she is the younger version of me. On the left is a photo I found of me in a backward cap too!
As you can tell my character has a bigger head and smaller body than myself. This is for her to look appealing and cartoony.

A cartoon character who is similar to mine is TJ from 'Disney's Recess' who is shown here.

No comments:

Post a Comment