Tuesday 17 November 2009

Little Red Riding Hood Animations



more about "Little Red Riding Hood: As Told by Ro...", posted with vodpod
I'm not a fan of the animation but I like the idea of using Roald Dahl's version as I'm a big fan of his, I love the rhyming especially.




more about "Simsala Grimm Little Red Riding Hood ...", posted with vodpod
This is one of my favourite of the examples I found. I've never heard of the Simsala Grimm Animations but the style and humour is the kind I like and would be interested in doing. Although I would prefer to just have the story of Red Riding Hood and not have characters that are like narrators in this animation.



Red Riding Hood video
Click to see Red Riding Hood Video

I love how the animation looks, the voice over and the sinister feel and twist they put on it although its a bit too odd and off track for me.




Click here for Old Disney Little Red Riding Hood Animated Cartoon

I love Disney but this animation was just a bit too unstructured and crazy for my liking although I do like some things they did such as Grandma being on the duvet. The voices are quite annoying too.




Little Red Riding Hood - Kung Fu - The best bloopers are a click away

I like how Red Riding Hood fights back. With my idea being a cat as lil red and a dog as the wolf I can imagine it being quite a fun idea if I did roughly the same idea. I hate the commentary though.





This made me laugh but it is a bit odd and i think a bit stretched out. I don't think I would do anything like this as I would like to stick to the story.





more about "Little Red Riding Hood as told in the...", posted with vodpod
This is quite an interesting twist and is interesting but no where near what I am planning or would like to do.




On youtube there are lots of videos people have made with the song by 'Bowling for Soup - Lil Red Riding Hood' This one was the one I thought had the best editing and is actually quite a good match and tribute. It gave me the idea that I could make my animation based on this song. It's not too long and if I got the cutting right it could turn out good. My only problems so far is that if I did this I might not be able to enter it in any competitions and would have to get permission to use the song.



This is another video with the song over the top and is Betty Boop footage from "Dizzy Red Riding Hood" (1931). This song is by Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs (1966) though. Bowling for Soup did a remake.

No comments:

Post a Comment