Sunday 8 November 2009

Story Idea - Anthropomorphism version of 'Red Riding Hood'

I've been dreaming about new stories for my animated short. Forgotten a few purly because my notebook was downstairs and by the time i got there the dream had gone. I hate when that happens.
Any way, one that I remember and thought was an interesting idea was a anthropomorphism version of a Fairy Tale such as 'Red Riding Hood'. Instead of the girl it could be a kitten and the granny could be an old cat, the wolf could stay a wolf or change to be a dog. I imagined it in a very Ghibli kind of style.
An idea I came up with later with the fairy tale story in mind was making it into a modern version or like in a modern cats life type of way, kind of reminds me of Tom Kitten from the Beatrix Potter books.
My idea is that the kitten catches a mouse or his/her mum gives the kitten a mouse and tells the kitten to take it to its grannys garden/house. Off the kitten goes and could meet challenges or other animals on the way.
The bit with the gran and the wolf would happen but it may have to be a clothed type of anthropomorphism because of the dog/wolf dressing as the granny to trick red riding hood. Unless I can come up with a good way of twisting it without clothes. Maybe the dog could have the same colour fur as granny and just pin his big ears so they look smaller and point up and maybe curl his tail because the granny's does... something like that. Any way, as far as I can think the story pretty much carries on and finishes as the original.

The only problem I have with this is the fact that fairy tales have been done over and over. I like the idea of oringinality or a twist of an original thats not been done before. If I found out that nothing like my idea has been done then I would be happier about doing it as my animation.

1 comment:

  1. thats some really good ideas.

    I had a thought about the aims of your dissertation, how about these;l

    1-to provide a balanced view of the history and arguements surrounding anthro

    2-to look at cat charectoristics for my project

    3-to explore the diff methods of animation and relate them to my project

    maybe not in that order but its a starting point

    ReplyDelete